Sunday 23 August 2015

Melanie is Free!!


MELANIE PENNER (nee KLASSEN) - March 23, 1976 - August 21, 2015

Our hearts are broken to announce the passing of our beloved Melanie Penner; wonderful wife, loving mother, treasured daughter and sister, and loyal friend.  Melanie was an amazing teacher, a gifted writer, and a fervent servant of Jesus Christ.  Melanie was fierce, bold, unwaveringly honest, innovative, and gracious.  Melanie exuded love and faithfulness, and the way she lived her life had an impact on everyone around her.

Melanie is lovingly remembered by her husband, Darryl, her two beautiful daughters, Kira and Teagan, her parents, Dennis and Marion Klassen, her brother, Jeffrey (Trisha), her devoted in-laws, one niece, and one nephew.  She has joined her brother Jason in Heaven.

Melanie's family would like to thank the palliative staff at Riverview Health Centre for their gentle and compassionate care.

An informal gathering for family and closer friends will be held at Whyte Ridge Baptist Church, 201 Scurfield Boulevard on Wednesday, August 26th at 7pm.  A Celebration of Life Service will be held at Grant Memorial Baptist Church, 877 Wilkes Avenue on Friday, August 28th at 7pm.  All are welcome to attend the Friday service. (Friends Funeral Service 204-339-5555)

Donations can be made in her name to Winkler Bible Camp to help underprivileged children attend summer camp.  A trust has also been opened in her daughters’ names, Kira and Teagan Penner, at Steinbach Credit Union, McGillvray branch.

“For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.” Philippians 1:21 NIV

A more detailed obituary and eulogy will be added in the days to come. 


10 comments:

  1. My prayers are with all the family. May God give you an extra measure of strength during the difficult days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to all of you, Melanie's Hope Adventure blog inspired me in so many ways, her words were honest and encouraging! I'm Praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are with her family. May God give them peace, strength and grace in this difficult road ahead. Her blog was truly inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you all,may God give you strength, peace, and encouragement to carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My caring,love and prayers go out to a faithful and dedicated family of Melanie. She is free of pain but will never be forgotten. In God's love, Margaret Gwiazda

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so sorry to hear of your loss but also praise God that she is finally free from cancer and is resting in His loving eternal arms. May God grant you grace that only he can give in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so sorry to hear of your loss but also praise God that she is finally free from cancer and is resting in His loving eternal arms. May God grant you grace that only he can give in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I met her only once, almost a year ago at the Revitalizing Women's Conference where I spoke. She touched my life in a special way. She told me her story and asked me about my life story. She was one of those people I would've loved to spend more time with! I pray that her family will find themselves covered with God's blanket of peace! -Layna Joy

    ReplyDelete
  9. My thoughts are with the Penners and Klassens through their difficult times ahead. It was a privilege to be with all of you in her last days. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never met Melanie in person but I felt as though I had. She has inspired me in so many ways and I have learned so much from her. I am so sorry for this great loss but thank God we are believers and know there is much more beyond this life. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers - Hildie Peters

    ReplyDelete