Sunday 15 December 2013

First Week of Treatment

Well the first week is done.  It was harder then I expected.  I felt good on Tuesday, but progressively more sick as the week went on.  I struggled with a nausea all week.  So my doctors are going to try some different meds this week.  Praying they will help.  I find it extremely exhausting and emotionally draining to be dealing with "morning sickness" 24/7.  So I'm entering my second week with dread (that it will be the same) and hope (that it will be better).  I continue to be struck by the wide array of emotions I go through on a daily basis.  Frustration that time seems to be moving slowly.  Hope that the cancer is finally being treated.  Discouragement that treatments are tiring.  Fear that my next appointment will not be good news (this won't come until January).  Encouragement that the fight is on, and I can do this.  Excited for my life when this season is over.  Sadness that Christmas will be disappointing for everyone at our house;  I will need to sleep and rest a lot.   I repeat the verse, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" about 100 times a day.  My posts will most likely be more spread out as I find it harder to get to the computer these days. 

Darryl's surgery is currently scheduled for Jan. 2.  However, there is only 1 surgical slot that day, so if something urgent comes in, he will for sure be bumped again.  Then he will probably be bumped to Jan. 14.  We are praying that God will choose the perfect day.  At this point, we have no clue when the "right" time will be. 

I did have a fairly good day today.  I felt better and enjoyed spending the day with the girls: playing spa, watching movies, visiting with mom and dad.  It makes me hopeful that there will be good days amongst the hard ones.  The good days are what help us cope right now. 

1 comment:

  1. Mel & Darryl I am praying for you. I get the emotional roller coaster. 2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all time and in every way. The Lord be with you all.
    IT

    ReplyDelete