Monday 11 November 2013

Riding a Meal Train is a Joyride

I had never heard of the Meal Train before I was put on one; it's so amazing!  A good friend of ours offered to start a meal train for us.  It's a website that allows people to sign up to provide meals for us.  On the website are special instructions about when/ where to drop off food, foods we like, and each person states what they will be bringing.  So we get a wide variety of different food.  I have not cooked a supper since Oct. 14, and we will continue to have suppers delivered until the end of November.  Furthermore, we have had delicious meals.  I'm feeling a bit spoiled, and I'm worried my family may never want to go back to my cooking!  I do have to admit that some days I need a lot of sleep and still have a fair bit of discomfort on a regular basis.  I can rest better knowing supper is coming.  Darryl usually has a lot of pressure behind his eye when he comes home from work; it's nice that he hasn't had to worry about cooking.  When we are busy with medical appointments, it's relieving to know our suppers are taken care of.  So, for us right now, the meal train has saved us a ton of stress.  A huge thank you to everyone who has signed up and brought us amazing meals.

I'm feeling especially tired today, and lots of discomfort.  Not sure why?  Of course my mind races in a million directions and thinks the worse.  I need to stop those thoughts and remind myself  "God is my refuge and my strength, an ever-present help in trouble" (Psalm 46:1). I know he is in control of all future plans.....this is the only place where I can rest.   Darryl has also experienced a lot of head pressure for the past few days.  It seems time always passes too quickly, but our next appointments seem far away.   Thanks for your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. We are praying for you daily so thanks for posting these updates! It's so good to hear your journey. I wish I could be part of your meal train but I'm afraid the food might get a little rancid before it gets to you:) So, we'll just keep praying from afar.
    Kent and Yo

    ReplyDelete